Baked Teriyaki Chicken & Rice
- 6 chicken drumsticks OR 2 chicken breasts cut into halves
- 3 tablespoons of Teriyaki
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- 150g pineapple pieces
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups vegetable stock
Calories per serve: 509
Macros per serve: 61P/5F/53C
- In a large bowl, mix Teriyaki seasoning, honey and olive oil until it forms a paste.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and mix with your hands until all the chicken is covered in the seasoning
- Heat a large pan up and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit
- Once the pan is hot, place in the chicken and cook of about 2 minutes either side, then remove from heat.
- In the same pan, add the rice and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a large casserole dish (or you can use a slow cooker)
- Add the capsicum and pineapple, and stir.
- Place the chicken on the top and cover, place in oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.