Chicken & Quinoa Bake
- 2 cups of pre-cooked white quinoa
- 500g pre-cooked broccoli florets (I boiled mine in some chicken stock until soft)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 600g raw chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
- 1 tablespoons of powdered chicken stock
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups of lactose free low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 110g Chobani non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 100g high protein cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
Makes: 5 serves
Calories per serve : 290
Macros per serve: 17C/6F/41P
- Preheat your oven to 190degrees celsius (375degrees Fahrenheit) and lightly grease a small casserole/baking dish
- In a large pan or pot on stove top on high and heat the extra virgin olive oil, add the chicken, half of the garlic powder and salt and pepper and sauce until the chicken is cooked and there are no pink pieces (this should take up to 6mins depending on your stove heat).
- Once cooked through transfer to a plate and wipe the pot clean.
- Turn the stove down to medium. In a small cup mix together the flour and half a cup of the milk.
- Pour the mixture into the pot and then pour in the remaining one and a half cups of milk.
- Stir constantly until the mixture has thickened, remove from the heat and mix in the Dijon mustard, the rest of the garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Stir in the greek yoghurt and half of the high protein cheese and mix until smooth.
- Add the quinoa and broccoli mixture and the cooked chicken to the cheese sauce, stirring gently to coat.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and top with remaining high protein cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving